What Is an Electronic Health Record?
- It’s a digital record of your health information that can provide your care team with comprehensive health information about you
- Overtime, it can allow your providers to share important information, across different health care settings
- It is designed to allow appropriate information sharing beyond the health care provider who first collects the information
- Built to share information with other providers, such as labs and specialists
- The information can move with you—to the specialist, the hospital, the nursing home, the next state, or even across the country!!!
Benefits of EHR’s
- Improved Quality and Care: With an EHR, all of your health information can be in one place, so care providers have more accurate and complete information about your health, and you receive the best possible care.
- Improved Care Coordination: Having information in electronic form means that it can be shared easily with the people who ensure that you are receiving the care you need
- More Involvement In Your Care: You can fully take part in decisions about your health, by making all your health care providers aware that you have an EHR they will be able to securely share information with you electronically, for example, through a personal health record (Learn More: HealthIT.hhs.gov )
- Information Security: Securely share information with patients and their family caregivers over the Internet, for patients who opt for this convenience
- Overall this will make our health care system more efficient and reduce cluttering paperwork for patients and doctors
Learn More About EHRs:
Contact Us To Get Started With Your New EHR System Or For Technical Support:Please select a valid form